How to know what kind of skin do I have?
Find out here what type of skin you have and how to take care of it according to your skin type
Your skin is oily and bright, especially in the area T (front, nose, and chin)
It is prone to open pores, black spots, and pimples
Irregular and oily touch
Little presence of wrinkles but skin sagging usually appears at an earlier stage
Gentle facial cleansing is essential if you have oily skin. You don't want your skin to become oilier. If you use a harsh cleanser, your skin will generate more sebum and therefore become oilier as a measure to protect itself. So please make sure you cleanse your face only with a very gentle cleanser (sulfate-free + pH 5 only).
We also recommend you to use a sebum regulating spray such as our Cool Splash. Due to its content in Hamamelis, (a great sebum regulating agent) and the fact that this spray only contains oil-free ingredients, it becomes the perfect product for oily skin.
And most important of all, your facial moisturizer should always be in gel texture, in order to avoid excess oil on the skin. Our Youth Blend Gel also contains Larch Tree extract to prevent skin sagging that appears earlier in oily skin.
Combination / Mixed skin
- Combination skin is halfway between oily skin and normal skin.
- The oilier area is normally the forehead, nose, chin, and the so-called T zone.
- The driest areas are often on the cheeks and also on the neck.
- Detox and gentle cleansing, in order to avoid your skin to produce excess oily secretion.
- Alcohol-free sebum regulating spray for the T zone.
- Men's Facial Moisturizer with a Gel texture, although in winter or during cold weather, you can perfectly use our moisturizing cream for men.
- Tends to be rigid and even itchy, especially after cleansing or shaving.
- It is prone to peel off.
- It can look aged and without tone
If you have dry skin, it is basic that you hydrate every single day and night with a Good Moisturizing Cream, if possible with no petroleum-derived oils (such as silicones or paraffin, as it is proved that they end up drying up the lower layers of your skin).
It is also essential that your facial cleansing is pursued with a gentle cleanser. That means that a sulphate-free specific cleanser with pH 5.5. Do not use a conventional shower gel to cleanse your face as it can be too harsh.
If you blend both textures (spray + cream) together, this will create an emulsion that will help the spray to penetrate to lower layers of the skin in order to achieve a deeper hydration.
- The texture of your skin is regular
- You usually do not have an issue with blackheads, excess shine, redness, or imperfections
- Apparently soft, clean, and healthy skin
You are lucky enough to have normal skin, but do not stop hydrating it. The type of moisturizer (either gel or cream) to be used will depend on where you live and on the season of the year.
If you live in a humid or warm climate, then our recommendation is to use a moisturizer with a Gel texture. If, on the contrary, you live in a dry or cold place, we recommend a facial moisturizing Cream.
And if you live in a climate with a big weather difference in each season, then you should combine both textures. In summer or during the hot season, we recommend you a Moisturizing Gel, and in winter or cold season, a Moisturizing Cream.
- It reacts to most skin care and shaving products. Frequent redness.
- Your skin becomes red easily when sunbathing or during both very hot and very cold weather.
- It reacts easily when you eat certain foods or it is in touch with synthetic fragrances causing rash or itching.
- It is vital that you use a very mild and gentle Facial cleanser.
- When you dry your skin after cleansing, apply your towel to the face and let the towel or cloth absorb the humidity. Do not rub your towel on your skin.
- Avoid too much scrubbing, and always use a physical scrub, never a chemical one.
- Avoid products with aggressive chemical ingredients.
- If your skin reacts even to a natural product, rinse with plenty of cold water and you will see that the reaction will go easily.
- Always use a Powerful moisturizing cream that protects against external agents such as cold or pollution. That will help you have healthy and balanced skin.